Seven Questions to Ask Your Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands
| By Parchman Law Group
Seven Questions to ask an Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands
After you decide to adopt a child, we suggest you start looking for an adoption attorney in The Woodlands right away. It might take a while, and you want legal advice at every step.
1. Financial Matters When Hiring an Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands
Let’s get the most unpleasant part of hiring an adoption attorney in The Woodlands out of the way first. You know it’s going to cost money to hire an adoption lawyer; but that doesn’t mean the fees have to be outrageous.
Questions you can ask your adoption attorney in The Woodlands are:
• What is the average cost of the adoptions you have handled?
• How are your fees billed? At a flat fee or hourly rate?
• Do you need a retainer fee? If so, how much? What happens to the retainer fee if the birth mother changes her mind?
It’s important to note that an experienced adoption attorney in The Woodlands might charge a higher rate. However, since they’re experienced, they won’t spend as much time working on your case as a less-experienced adoption lawyer would.
2. Qualifications of the Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands
Ask all potential adoption attorneys in The Woodlands what their experience is, how long they’ve worked in the adoption field, how many adoptions they’ve completed and how many they do in a year on average.
3. The Services Offered by the Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands
Make sure you ask your potential adoption attorney which services they give over and above the legal work. For example, do they offer emotional support? Have they personally experienced adoption? Do they know of any support groups?
4. Adoption Philosophy of an Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands
This may seem like an odd question, but you want to know how a potential adoption attorney in The Woodlands thinks about adoption and why they got involved in this area of law. Their answer will tell you a lot about whether they have the right mindset to handle your adoption case.
5. What Kind of Adoptions Does the Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands Handle
Ask potential adoption attorneys in The Woodlands if they handle both open adoptions and confidential adoptions.
6. How Does the Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands Communicate?
Once you hire the adoption attorney in The Woodlands, you want to know what to expect. Ask them if they will keep you up to date personally or if their office support staff will contact you. When they’re away from the office, is there an equally experienced adoption attorney available?
7. What Business Hours Does the Adoption Attorney in The Woodlands Have?
With adoption, important events don’t always happen between 9 and 5. Ask your adoption attorney in The Woodlands if you can contact them evenings and weekends when necessary.
At Parchman Law Group, we have years of experience in adoption cases. We have a great reputation because of the compassion and extra help we offer along the process. If you’d like to set up a consultation with and experienced adoption attorney in The Woodlands, you can go to our website.